Light Gauge Steel (LGS) Structures & Concrete Systems,
Since 1998, as either a main contractor or sub-contractor, projects delivered in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Quwain and Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates as well as the Egyptian city of Alexandria where it all began.
History of Light Gauge Steel (LGS):
Codified standards for the use of cold-formed steel (CFS) construction materials were developed after WW2 when many countries such as the U.K. Japan, France, and Germany had acute housing shortages.
In North America since 1990’s over 20% of all affordable homes have been built with cold formed steel. In 2016, the LGS market in the U.S. was worth $14 billion. 11,289 businesses employed 75,649 people.
European Union: Section 1-3 of the Eurocode 3 (EN 1993).
Other countries use various design specifications, many based on US code AISI S-100. LGS building system incorporated by ECD into Egypt’s building code in 2015.
System to be granted an official patent giving ECD® the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT for a period of FIVE YEARS to deploy the system in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Why Light Gauge Steel (LGS)?
- High ‘strength-to-weight ratio’ (individual members are lighter per unit length than traditional wood, steel or concrete framing members).
- 100% recyclable (can be continuously recycled without losing physical properties).
- Inorganic (will not rot, warp, split or crack).
- Inert (does not emit fumes, gases, vapor or support the growth of molds & fungi).
- Dimensionally stable (does not expand or contract with moisture content).
- Produced in strict accordance with national standards (no variation in quality).
- Non-combustible (does not contribute fuel to a fire, not susceptible to fire).
- Structures can be designed to meet any degree of loading (e.g. high seismic or high wind loads).
LGS Manufacturing Process:
- Continuous, high volume process involves passing flat strip in coil through a series of contoured rolls, forming the metal to achieve sections.
- High degree of consistency and accuracy, producing columns, beams, joists, studs, floor decking, built-up sections and other building components.
- New computer software transforming the industry, speeding up and making product development more effective.
- 14 Gauge, 2.0mm Sheet Metal.
- Fully automatic multiple size C profile production system for light to medium gauge wall framing, C floor joist, and medium range span residential commercial truss.
- High throughput production system equipped with 8 sizes profile imperial measurement punch tooling and 8 sizes metric measurement punch tooling (total 16).
- Dedicated C profile sizes: 89mm, 92mm, 102mm, 140mm, 152mm, 254mm, 305mm, 356mm.
ECD Technology Partner:
- The world’s leading total solution provider of steel framing technology.
- Researches and develops world’s most advanced robotic machines for the steel framing industry.
- Provides world’s most comprehensive software package – BIM, 3D Modelling, Detailing, Calculation, Revit Compatible, CAM NC Capable.
- Owns multiple patents for its technology and applications.
- Serves over 50 countries and regions.
- 6,000 projects in Europe and North America alone.
- Offices in Australia, China, France, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S.A., United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates and others.
- Mid-rise multi-family – total cold formed steel structure buildings from 4-15 floors.
- Mid-rise concrete build – 4-6 floors – efficient, cost-effective, low carbon footprint mid-rise concrete walls, concrete floors, concrete roof structural systems.
- Low-rise single family – end to end solution for both inline wall framing and offset wall structural framing.
- Low-rise concrete build – high fire rating, thermal performance, impact resistance and low carbon footprint.
- Mobile homes, workers camps.
- Industrial buildings and warehouse structures – free span from 10-30 meters without any supports between.
- Modular buildings.
- Office buildings – 10 times faster, 30% more costs effective.
- Bathroom and kitchen POD – one solution for all structural components including base skids.
Owners & Developers Benefits:
- Revenue generated faster.
- Lower insurance rates.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Sustainable products.
- Open concept designs & increased strength-to-weight ratio.
- Smaller building footprint with higher density.
- Lower foundation costs.
- Less risk & exposure.
- Superior performing structure.
Architects & Engineers Benefits:
- Open spans and design concepts.
- More floor and wall options.
- Products that offer great strength-to-weight ratio.
- Lighter materials reducing foundation requirements.
- Perfect for poor soil environments.
- Flexible diaphragms for high seismic areas.
- Certified & UL-tested products.
- LEED certified products.
- Great STC and IIC properties.
- Non-combustible solution.
Builders & Contractors Benefits:
- Buildings go up FASTER.
- Turnkey solutions.
- Value engineering.
- Trade-friendly materials and concepts.
- Non-combustible products.
- Less maintenance.
- Less expensive materials for mid-rise projects.
- Products pre-fabricated to save time.
Foundation System: Seamless construction Integrated with LGS super structure. More efficient than traditional ready mix, rebar, and wood formwork system, above. Time savings 10X.
Wall System: Composite structure design. Integrates structural concrete panels with LGS wall frames, infilled with concrete generating a superior fire rated, high thermal performance load bearing wall.
Floor System: Composite structure design. Integrates structural concrete panels with LGS floor joist, finished and topped with wire mesh and ready mix, producing a light weight composite slab. 10 times more efficient than traditional systems. Minimum 50% saving on material cost for the same load bearing capacity.
Truss System: Doubles load bearing capability for the same size C shape profile. Minimum 50% cost savings.
Minimum 300% faster, 30% cheaper, 100% better and greener than either traditional column-beam brick & block system or precast concrete build system.